We are a group of parents and other concerned citizens who believe that the children of the East Baton Rouge Parish School System are best served by a unified school system. We are working to empower parents and other citizens to continue to improve public education in our community. We came together in the spring of 2012 to defeat a breakaway attempt by southeast Baton Rouge.
Since then, and in addition to fighting against the proposed breakaway, we have been doing the following:
- Attending and advocating at school board meetings
- Participating in forums regarding expanded magnet programs, re-districting, school safety, and others
- Meeting with state legislators, EBRPSS administrators, School Board members and others
- Distributing information at school events such as open houses and PTA/PTO meetings
- Promoting volunteerism in schools through organizations such as VIPS
Revised Bios coming soon...